Friday, September 26, 2008

This and That


I did something the other day with my girls that I used to do when I was a little girl. I would get together with my friend Sharon. She'd come to my house or I'd go to hers... we'd get into the cupboard and look for any ingredients we could reach. A little of This and That. Flour, sugar, butter, salt. We'd throw it all into a bowl, mix it up, stick in in a pan and bake. Most of the time it turned out hard as a rock. Usually tasted terrible, but it was so much fun!

So the other day the girls were wanting to bake something. I wasn't sure what if I had the ingredients to make something specific... so I thought it would be fun to just add various ingredients- without following a recipe. I encouraged or steered the girls away from adding things like ketchup and pepper... and we came up with quite a tasty cookie! Emily dutifully wrote down the measurements as we poured in our ingredients (just in case it was edible!). We came up with these little chocolate, peanut butter cookies rolled in coconut. They were yummy! Maybe next time I'll let them try out whatever ingredients they fancy and see what it would taste like... but I was in the mood for a cookie! :) It was fun to make a memory in the kitchen with my girls who are growning up too quickly!

4 comments:

We will never thirst-because all that we need is found in Jesus said...

I'm craving ANYTHING sweet right now....looks sooo good!:)

Life at the Mandl's said...

mmmm you are so brave! I wish I could have something like that right now!

Robyn Stewart Marmon said...

stef...great idea and proud you did it...you brave thing you :-) miss you but am lovin texas and hope not to be back in co till next summer and even then am hoping to not come...ever want to come here???maybe?possibly?hopefully?? :-)

Wendy said...

Let's just cheer, homeschooling at it's best!!! Love those times when just being is schooling...

You go girl!